Here at The Joy of Membership, we specialize in helping associations, trade groups and membership-based nonprofits run and grow more easily.
1) planning the path to growth;
2) funding new and innovative ideas;
3) putting structures and systems in place to make change happen.
How can you tell if your organization could benefit from working together?
Here are a few common tell-tale signs…
- You're not sure you're offering the right membership benefits at the right price.
- You feel like not enough members (or not the right type of members) know about you.
- People who ought to be members aren't taking action to join.
- You're seeing a “fizzle effect” after people join. They seem excited at first, but then fade away.
- Too many members are choosing not to renew.
- The same members seem to be involved in everything and you're concerned that new people aren't being engaged.
- You'd like to attract a new type of member – like vendor members, young professionals, or members who would be willing to invest in a higher level tier.
- Running your membership is taking more time and effort than you think it should.
- You need additional staff to help run your membership, but you're reluctant to hire an in-house employee.
- You have new team members, Board members, or Committee members who aren't working in alignment on the most important growth actions.
These problems are easily recognizable, extremely common, and 100% fixable… but the path forward is likely to look different for every organization.