If you’re anything like me, I’ll bet you’re wondering where the heck this year went. It’s hard to believe that we are already well into December.
Did you accomplish everything that you intended to this year?
2019 was a pretty tough year for me personally – dealing with an aging parent’s chronic illness, wrapping up work with a nonprofit I’ve led for more than a decade, adjusting to life as an empty nester.
Yet, from a business perspective, progress was made. Revenue looks like it will be up by about 60 percent over last year. I made significant investments in building the team and revamping my group training program. Even the weekly live Crowdcast is brand new this year.
I credit being able to maintain progress to the fact that I return to the same simple planning exercise again and again.
4 simple questions:
1) What do I want to happen?
2) What am I willing to do in pursuit of that change?
3) What could get in the way?
4) What help is available to me?
Visually, it looks like this:
I know that if I do nothing different, I’ll end up following the dashed line to wind up in the same place that I am now. I have to do *something* to exert force that will move me in the right direction. At the same time there are probably things that are going to be weighing me down, so I need to make sure I’m removing those heavy bricks.
While remarkably simple, asking these 4 questions is powerful.
In January, I’m kicking off a brand-new program called MemberMetrix™. This program is designed specifically for people who are serious about pursuing growth for 2020 – and want to be able to see proof that change is happening.
If that’s something you’d be interested in hearing more about, shoot a reply back to this email and we’ll set up a time to talk.
For 2020, I'll be offering four support programs to help your membership organization grow. Be sure to check them out our new options below!
Have a great rest of your week!
How I Can Support You:
I’ll be offering 4 programs in 2020:
1) The Boost™ – Want to identify your organization's fastest path to growth? This private consulting experience with membership expert Joy Duling provides fresh perspective, best practice guidance, and a Boost Plan that you'll feel excited about implementing.
2) MemberMetrix™ – For yourself, a member of your team, or your organization's membership committee, this training and certification program focuses on understanding exceptional member experience design and putting the principles immediately into action. Use of metrics and stakeholder feedback show proof of progress.
3) TeamShare™ – You may have heard the old saying that two heads are better than one. Around here, we believe that having a whole team of expertise is the best of all. With TeamShare™, we completely eliminate the need for you to recruit, hire, train and manage multiple employees and contractors.
4) EasyApricot™ – It's never been easier to serve your members and run your operations. Our team can help you leverage the #1 ranked membership management software, Wild Apricot. Whether you want it 100% done-for-you or just need someone who can walk you through the tricky spots, we'll make your new Wild Apricot site beautiful and your transition hassle-free.
The best way to find out if a program is right for you is by scheduling a quick call.
Joy Duling is Founder and CEO of The Joy of Membership. Since 2005, Joy and her team have helped associations, trade groups and membership-based nonprofits run their programs more easily and deliver exceptional member care.
You can find FREE tools, tips and training to help you run and grow your membership organization in The Joy of Membership Help Hub.