So, I guess one could say that I don’t celebrate my birthday the way most people do. This year was the big 5-0 for me, which is almost crazy impossible for me to believe. Don’t you remember being a kid and thinking 50 was practically ancient?!?
Well, this year, I’ve been working on something behind the scenes with intent to go live in the Fall, tentatively the 1st week of September.
But, you know what? My birthday rolled up on me and I thought, “why wait?” I hovered my finger over the PUBLISH button, pressed it down, and a brand new podcast was born! It was like a birthday present for me (and for you)!
You can catch the podcast here: joyofmembership.com/podcast
And it should soon be listed on all of the major podcast platforms!.
Here’s why I’ve absolutely loved this project:
As membership leaders, you work tirelessly on behalf of those you serve… and there is undoubtedly no question asked more often than, “HOW can we be helpful?”
Indeed THAT is what we ALL want to figure out, isn’t it?
So, I’ve been asking membership leaders – who run organizations big and small, focusing on a diverse array of topics, and geographies all over the globe – what they’ve discovered from asking that simple question.
Their responses have been inspirational and there’s much we can learn together from their a-ha moments.
Episode #1 is live now. Bruce Bro from the National Foundation for Danish America is featured. Bruce has taken a rather “unconventional” approach to helping.
I can’t wait to hear what you think of the new podcast theme and format. I’ve truly had so much fun putting it together. Take a listen and drop me a line!
How MY Team Has Been Helpful This Week
In the spirit of focusing on helpfulness, I’m going to close out my weekly emails with a snippet of insight into the kinds of things my team does to be helpful to our association, trade group, and nonprofit clients. This is by no means exhaustive, but just a quick peek into the very diverse ways we help:
- We’ve helped two associations move off of WordPress and over to Wild Apricot so they could more easily manage their memberships
- We’ve helped a client track and record pledges coming in for a big fundraiser.
- We helped a nonprofit by providing advice related to software platforms their board was considering.
- We helped a client move all of their committee emails over to GSuite for easier management.
- We helped a client create a designated web page for receiving PAC contributions and connected all the payment/receipt gizmos to make the process work flawlessly.
- We helped a client create a more attractive email template to use in conjunction with an upcoming event.
- We helped a client get started on an extensive application process required for approval of their conference for CE’s.
- We helped a client get a new training program set up on an easy-to-access platform that his members will love.
Want to talk about how we could be helpful to you and your organization?
Let’s set up a time to talk: https://joyofmembership.com/consult